Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 12, 2012

I abstained!! go me...

So following the beauty resolutions 2012 I faced my first rather monumental challenge today when I ventured into Superdrug for a new toner.  I have pledged not to horde products any longer and also not to buy replacements for yet to be finished products (unless in the name of research) in the beauty cabinet and beyond! I can confirm that my toner is actually gone and I had not one emergency or back up toner in my possession... not even a mini! This is incredibly unusual for me as I tend to horde multiples and am also the one who doles out minis to everyone who has the pleasure of doing a short trip abroad with no carry on luggage. I have a rather large collection of minis from various hotels and then of course Boots and Superdrug started selling minis so I had no hope of diminishng the collection no matter how many I dole out! But I digress (the joy of minis to be discussed in a future post perhaps).

So in I went to Suzi mecca and spent forever pouring over the makeup displays checking out the many many new products I'd like to buy and review and trying out almost every tester in the shop! I came home with hands covered in various products including Barry M blusher, MeMeMe blusher, Gosh bronzer, Barry M nail polish, Maybeline Eyeliner, L'oreal lippy and their new shadows that the fabulous Derrick Carberry used on Xposé last night - oh it was wonderful! However I resisted the many many offers in the knowledge that I've got enough product over the past few weeks to keep my blog alive for another while at least.

Then I came to the toners and one of my regular choices was on offer but 2 for like a €1 more than the price of one. I was torn...between a great deal that led to hording or taking the opportunity to buy an alternative. So I seized the moment and picked up a Garnier one I haven't tried before ... which was less than half price and cheaper than my regular one!

Then the final test - the dreaded queue!! Where all the pretty and "on offer" products are lined up in their colourful glory to tempt and tease you. After much hesitation on this bit I successfully cleared the final hurdle and exited having spent a measly €2 .

In case you haven't yet gathered - I'm feeling rather pleased with myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment