Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sod the rain... I brought some summer to my fingertips!!

Right well it's the 1st of May and everything feels just a bit dull and I'd almost go so far as to say grim!! The weather out there is like a wet November evening but there is no santa coming with sacks of presents in under 8 weeks time. Sadtimes.  This being the case I decided my nude coloured top with neon pink trim teamed with tailored trousers would brighten things up while conforming with "office attire". My nails were sporting a lovely nude colour anyway and I also have a great pair of slipper like quilted satin nude ballet pumps which suited my craving for comfort this morning.

HOWEVER... the bleak weather outside and a reasonably stressful morning resulted in my mind wandering to all things beauty and particularly nails (very common occurrence for me!) I decided I needed to funk them up a bit as the neutral nude talons were boring me rigid... So hunting in my makeup bag at lunchtime I found my neon pink polish I threw in the other day and gave my nails some french tips!! After quite a bit of nail doodling I decided to do an accent nail also on my ring finger - with hindsight  possibly killing the original "low key" bright and office smart aim of the project. Sod it... I liked the results and got a little grin from them with every email I typed for the rest of the day!!

The Details:
I used 2 polishes for this look, one from Essence and one from a brand I only stumbled upon last week called Flormar. 
1. Essence
Range: Nude Glam
Shade: 07 Café Olé
Size: 5mls
Cost: €1.29
Stores: Penneys, Dunnes Stores, McCabes Pharmacies and many other good pharmacies.

2. Flormar
Range: Super Neon Colors
Shade: N008
Size: 11mls
Cost: €2.49
Stores: Grabbed this at the till of an A|ware store in Dun Laoghaire last week. Further investigations show it to be a big brand on in Europe, www.flormar.com , having been founded in Milan in 1970.

The Images:
The 2 bottles of polish:


The result of my lunchtime mani efforts:


The Conclusion:
I've got to say I LOVE it. It's a little cheeky but I reckon without the accent nail that it is completely passable in most offices, granted maybe not for some customer facing companies. I love matching polishes to my outfits and really like how close the two colours are to my top. In fairness unless I can find another clean neutral outfit in my wardrobe it's probably coming off this evening but definitely added a bit of cheer to an otherwise dull day!

As a result you have probably gathered I'm not really reviewing the lasting power of these products or indeed even looking into any "science" behind the products. Just a bit of frivolous fun to enjoy. Let me know what you think ladies... would you get away with this? Would you even try? Love or Hate I want to hear it...

No comments:

Post a Comment