Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Swooning my self silly over OPI's New York City Ballet Collection

I've always had a particular fondness for OPI polishes and I'm not sure where this started but suspect its something to do with Executive VP & Artistic Director, Suzi Weiss-Fischmann and the regular polishes named after her. For those of you now giggling at my sadness and impressionability tell me you don't think names such as "Suzi Skies in the Pyrenees", "Crepes Suzi-ette" and "It's a Doozie says Suzi" are incredibly cute?! Anyway I digress. Fellow fans will know that OPI regularly collaborate with  brands, celebrities and film studios with limited edition issues. Their latest has literally blown me away... it's a collaboration with the New York City Ballet and I am smitten!

The Details:
Well the range has six shades and I can honestly say I love them all equally (an expensive and daunting prospect!).  They are up there with my regular favourites in terms of colours - beautiful classical soft pastels. They are quite sheer however so to get a nice opaque finish you will have to layer them up. OPI polish generally is quite liquid and almost watery compared to other polishes so will take a bit of getting used to for newbies to the brand. They are however brilliant and pretty chip resistant so stick with it!
OPI comes in at the pricier end of the scale but it is a pro polish so you get pro results. Bottles usually come in at €12.99+ for 15mls of product. Stockists include McCabes Pharmacies, many salons and also a little mobile beautician known as Nail Candi by Suzi (shameless plug I'm afraid!).

The Images:
From left to right:
My Pointe Exactly - a beautiful sheer dove grey
Care to Danse - a bang on trend soft lilac
You Callin' me a Lyre? -  the palest of sheer pinks (much lighter in reality than image depicts)
Barre my Soul - a sheer nude colour
Don't Touch my Tutu! - a wispy white
Pirouette my Whistle - an OPI glitter classic with small and large silver glitter particles in clear polish


The Sceincey Bit:
I'm sure I've covered this in my previous party polish blog at Christmas last year but in 2007 OPI succumbed to public pressure and the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics and became 3 Free. That is they no longer use DBP (Dibutyl Phytate), Formaldehyde and Toulene. Basically for us as consumers its a healthier polish to use now!

The Conclusion:
Well what can I say - this is probably my favourite item of the many I've blogged about to date. I am a total ballet fanatic anyway so in fairness the names alone were enough to reel me in. Add in the imagery of NYC Ballerinas, and the colours that are so graceful, balletic and fashionable and I was sold. They are absolutely beautiful and I believe your real struggle will be deciding which ones not to buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment